Middle of the Lozoya valley
Braojos is another municipality of marked rural character where agricultural activity continues to shape the essentials of local life and its landscape defined by the wide areas of pastures and crops and the network of livestock roads.
It is believed that the town was built after the reconquest by shepherds in search of farmland. In the year 1096 It became part of the community of Villa and land of Buitrago arriving to have own Ordinances and to become head of one of the seven quarters that divided the land of Buitrago, until at 1833 He began to rely on the province of Madrid.
Within its architectural heritage stands the Parish Church of St. Vincent Martyr, built in the 15th and 16th centuries and rebuilt in Baroque style in the 17th century. This church was declared of Cultural interest by the UNESCO. The plant is shaped like a Latin cross, with two naves and inside a piece of ostalo replanting of Gregorio Fernández and two boards of Berruguete. We must also mention the Ermita del Buen Suceso, declared a historic-artistic monument in 1981.
In the nucleus there are some rural dwellings and agricultural units of interest, especially in the eastern end of the village, which is the oldest part of it.