Sierra de la Cabrera
The municipality of Venturada, one of the villages of Madrid that sits between two valleys, one East sharply abrupt which is formed by the confluence of the streams Sacedón and Cabozo, and less rugged West landscape is formed by the Valley of the Arroyo Albala. The vegetation is varied due to its different topographical zones, forests of holm oak and vegetation on the slopes of the Valley, and a quejigar that grows on gypsum that constitutes an example featured within the Botany of the area. An important network of livestock routes crosses the municipality.
Its origins are found in the 2nd centuries, III and IVD. C., with the Roman presence. In the 13th century it is a small population of Christians, where people going from Burgos to Toledo rested during their journey. From the Reconquest, Venturada belonged to the Villa of Uceda and later to the Archbishopric of Toledo. All of it up to 1593, when he gets Villazgo's privilege, thus independence from both the Villa de Uceda and the Archdiocese of Toledo. It was also intrusive by Napoleonic troops who were looking for rest and supplies.
Among its cultural heritage stands out among other examples, the Church of St. James the Apostle, 12th and 13th centuries and Romanesque style, and the Chapel of Our Lady of Monterrey. In addition, the Atalaya de Venturada was declared a Monument of Historical-Artistic Character in 1983.
¡Descubre con Sierra Norte de Madrid the peoples of Madrid!