Middle of the Lozoya valley
The municipality of Somosierra has the features of high mountains with vegetation of grasslands and plants of little shaft that alternate with masses of trees on the hillside opposite the settlement. The forest wealth is based on the abundance of wild pine trees and less oak, Oaks, junipers and brooms. There is also boyales pastures for cattle pasture, among which stand out for their botanical interest the Dehesa Boyal or beautiful pasture which is one of the most important mixed forests of the Sierra Norte nature.
This territory was repopulated during the 14th century by order of the community of Villa and land of Sepúlveda. Centuries later, the port of Somosierra was taken by Napoleonic forces in 1808 and, during the Spanish Civil War, He again suffered the passage of the troops of both sides since it was the only viable step that national troops were from the North, Madrid.
Two significant buildings of religious architecture dating from the late 17TH century and early 18th. It is the Hermitage of Nuestra Señora de la Soledad, located on the highest point of the port, and the parish church of Santa María de las Nieves, thick masonry factory.