Sierra de la Cabrera
The town of Sieteiglesias was an old municipality of the province of Madrid that in 1975 It became part of the new municipality of Lozoyuela-Navas-Sieteiglesias, with municipal headquarters in the town of Lozoyuela.
Archaeological remains show that in this population there were several hermitages in addition to a Medieval Necropolis, so we assume that its name is due to it and that the seven is a sacred number in the Christian tradition. It is very likely that this town was located on a branch of a Roman road connecting Toletum with Segovia. Path that later, in the Middle Ages, would be a very important livestock route.
During the Arab era Sevenchurchs is located in "no man's land", behaving like a border between the two kingdoms. Later, in the 11th century, after the Reconquest and with the repopulation order of King Alfonso VI, the locality joins the Land of Buitrago, but his first documented references did not appear until the 16th century. Like all populations in your area, no longer belongs to Segovia in 1833 to move to the jurisdiction of the province of Madrid, Where, in 1975 annexed to Lozoyuela and Navas de Buitrago to form a single municipality.
Among its heritage we find a Medieval Necropolis dating between the 9th and 11th centuries. However, no nearby settlements have yet been found.
¡Descubre con Sierra Norte de Madrid the peoples of Madrid!