Valle Alto del Lozoya
Pinilla del Valle
The municipality of Pinilla del Valle comprises a narrow strip of land, perpendicular to the Lozoya River and between the natural boundaries that mark the lines of summits. Here are all the geographical components of the Valley with its high peaks, tall and soft slopes reaching up to the plains of the valley floor. The village sits at the top of the reservoir Pinilla. In addition the term water several streams that run down the slope toward the center of the Valley and flow into the Lozoya. In the foothills of the mountains include the huge tracts of forest of Turkey oak and some Oaks. The flat parts are dedicated to pastures with abundant ash trees and poplars. The settlement is completely rural, with the building dispersed or clustered in small groups, surrounded by orchards configuring irregular blocks among which are intertwined paths and common spaces.
The first official document on the village is from the Catastro del Marqués de la Ensenada, reports already in 1750 This town had a church with Tower, a flour mill, a forge, a tavern, a butcher shop and a hospital for poor. In that then Pinilla del Valle belonged to the region of Segovia, and it was not until 1883 It became a part of the community of Madrid.
Among all the attractions we can highlight reservoir Pinilla, the largest reservoir of the five that are found in the Lozoya River, and the cave of the barren, an area known as 'Valley of the Neanderthals', with seven sites where research work continues from the Regional Archaeological Museum.
¡Descubre con Sierra Norte de Madrid the peoples of Madrid!