Low Valley of the Lozoya
Walls of Buitrago
Walls of Buitrago is located in the community of Madrid, located in the municipality of Puentes Viejas, a few kilometers from the town of Mangiron, the municipal capital of which is separated by the dam of old bridges. Up to 1975 was part of the municipality of Paredes de Buitrago and is located at the foot of the Sierra de la Mujer Muerta.
The village of walls of Buitrago and general all its municipal highlighted always by its strategic location. For this reason it was important during the Civil war and have been left in the landscape numerous remains of bunkers, bunkers or pillboxes, as well as remains of trenches and diverse holdings in fairly good condition. In a forest houses a series of semi-buried military constructions called "The Water Front", He defended the Madrid reservoirs during the Civil War. A route to get to know them has now been created.
Up to 1833, date of the included within the Madrid jurisdiction, this territory belonged to the Jara Quarter. De Paredes de Buitrago we also highlight its traditional architecture, the Parish of the Immaculate, already existing in the year 1751, and the Old Bridge Dam.