Sierra de la Cabrera
Las Navas de Buitrago
Navas de Buitrago is a town in the municipality of Lozoyuela-Navas-Sieteiglesias, in the Lozoya Valley region. It was the capital of an independent municipality called Las Navas de Buitrago until 1975.
After the Reconquest Alfonso VI orders the repopulation of the whole territory, giving its origins to this town by shepherds from Segovia, linking its economy to livestock. In the year 1.096 is introduced into the Community of Villa and Land of Buitrago. Later, in the 14th century, becomes part of the Lordship of Buitrago, period that will last until the early 20th century. It's not until 1833 who ceases to belong to Guadalajara to pass its management into the hands of the province of Madrid, although its main economic engine does not change. At last, in 1.973 joins together with the towns of Sieteiglesias and Lozoyuela to form a single municipality.
Among its historical heritage we find the Church of the Cross, built in masonry and brick, located in Church Square, and on whose facade rises the swordsmanship with two bells, representing a classic style. Although it is not known the exact date of its construction, we know that he was already standing in the 17th century.