Low Valley of the Lozoya
Mangiron is a town in Madrid, belonging to the municipality of Puentes Viejas, that is capital.
Mangiron is surrounded by a privileged landscape. To the north there are holm oak forests and the Villar reservoir, to the South we find the old bridge reservoir. Is can not ignore the Hill of Picazuelo with a large pine forest, Northwest of the population that limits the view of the landscape.
The people owe their origin to the Arabic word "Majairon" which means stubborn, making reference to the Mount of 1.012 meters above which is located. There are also writings indicating that the name of the people comes from an Arabic word whose meaning is "good water", due to the quality of water of the old fountain near the stream that passes through the municipality and various reservoirs that abound in the area.
During the Middle Ages, Mangirón belonged to the Community of Villa and Land of Buitrago until in the sixteenth century it became part of the Lordship of Buitrago. With the reign of Charles IV, this territory was judicially linked to the Throat Room and in 1833 He began to rely on the province of Madrid.
Among its tourist attractions, the Mirabel Tower, a watchtower built in the 16th century surveillance, along the stream Jobalo.
¡Descubre con Sierra Norte de Madrid the peoples of Madrid!