Sierra de la Cabrera
The corresponding municipal term is made up of the urban centres of Lozoyuela, Navas de Buitrago and Sieteiglesias. In general the physical environment is characterized by the presence of two very rugged topographic barriers enclosing the term southward and westward. Meadows are the typical landscape, meadows and orchards, as well as crags and wooded interspersed. The territory is crossed by two real cattle, a wash and two cords.
Etymologically, Lozoyuela could come from Latin and would mean "small collade, high or high". This would be backed by the Roman remains found in the municipality. It once formed a border between Christian and Muslim lands, and with the Reconquest, Alfonso VI had the territory repopulated.
Through the Sepulveda Fuero he became part of it in 1076 and, in 1096, from the Throat Room thanks to the jurisdiction granted by the King to Buitrago.