Low Valley of the Lozoya
Cinco Villas is a town in Madrid, in the Township of old bridge, a few kilometers from Mangiron, municipal capital, close also to Buitrago del Lozoya, the capital of the Valle del Lozoya. It belonged to the municipality of Cinco Villas until its integration into the municipality of Mangirón in 1850.
Little do we know of its remote origin. While chronicles tell that there were five villas, huts or cabins of pastors that joining resulted in essence the core of current population.
In the year 1833, this town is annexed to Mangirón, along with what becomes part of the province of Madrid. Over the past few years, the population of Cinco Villas has declined considerably and interest in livestock has increased.
Of its landscape we highlight the pastures, the erials, grasslands and pine and ash forests. The Peak of the Itching, 1,250m altitude, is located on top of the hill of Cinco Villas, where a tall pine forest appears that envelops it. The high of the hill is the ideal place from which to glimpse a panorama of Guadarrama and the Sierra del Rincón.
Among the heritage of this small town we find the Church of Santa Ana, Herrar's Potro and the Traditional Laundry.