Sierra de La Cabrera
Bustarviejo is a municipality located to 1.222 metres above sea level in the foothills of the Sierra de La Cabrera. It sits on granite formations, and it is located between two hills, Bustar North and South of the banner. It stands out among the Mondalindo peaks (1.833 m).
The town has important springs which have been used historically for agricultural use, livestock either domestic. Noteworthy is the presence of numerous sources that are distributed by all the municipal area.
Remains found indicate that their origins come from Muslim times. Bustarviejo achieved the autonomy of Segovia in 1626, and only forty years later a silver and arsenic mine was found that was exploited until the 19th century. This town was also a refugee shelter during the Civil War and in the post-war period housed a colony of prisoners who saved their sentences from jobs such as the construction of the railway and its viaduct.
In terms of its historical-artistic heritage stands the parish church of the Immaculate Conception (15th century), the chapel of the Cristo de la Peña, the Ermita de la Soledad, the Town Hall, Plaza Mayor, del Potro's branding or the Via Crucis. We also highlight some examples of traditional mountain architecture and the existence of ruins of old watermills which indicates the importance of the water in the municipality. All in a natural environment of great environmental value, in the heart of Sierra Norte de Madrid.