Middle of the Lozoya valley
Aoslos is a district of the municipality of Horcajo de Sierra-Aoslos. It is far 3,5 km from the municipal head, Horcajo.
It is believed that its name comes from the Celtic word "coslo", "Hazel", resulting in "caoslo-Asolo", "place of hazels".
Long after the origin of Horcajo, neighbors of this settled in this place and founded its urban core. Apparently this place was established along with a chapel dedicated to St. James during the 16th century, which disappeared long ago. It is known that in the 18th century already appointed him as a "District of Horcajo", According to the "Cadastre of Ensenada".
Among his religious heritage we find the parish church of San Isidro, built in the year 1936, rodeada por prados en el centro del pueblo de Aoslos.
¡Descubre con Sierra Norte de Madrid the peoples of Madrid!